Call For Artist Submissions
The Wyoming Valley: Joining together in the Face of Adversity
It is no secret that communities of NEPA are feeling the social, economic, and health effects of the COVID 19 Pandemic. It is during these challenging times that we especially feel a need for the uplifting and healing power of art in the community. Social distancing, although essential for the physical well-being of our loved ones, can also leave us feeling depleted of our normal support systems.
Keeping the integrity of social distancing intact but also attempting to unify people, the Street Art Society of NEPA would like to engage the community in its Social Kinetic Mural Project using a digital multimedia format that will be displayed virtually at streetartsocietynepa.org. Each selected artwork will be woven together into a unified “mural” that moves and shifts, a metaphor for our community’s ability to come together and adapt in times of adversity.
Guidelines for entry:
- Artworks must be a square format and can be in any media the artist chooses.
- Acceptable file types for submission: JPEG or PNG images (72 DPI)
- Artworks should fit with the theme of “Joining together in the Face of Adversity.”
- Because selected artworks will be part of a larger artwork, keep your design simple and striking from a distance.
- Keep in mind your composition will be rotating.
- Please provide an artist’s statement and brief bio upon submission.
- Selected artists will be featured on our website.